Friday, February 3, 2012

Coming up for air

After talking to my lovely sis-in-law, (who I miss), and reading my other sis-in-law's blog (who I also miss) about our great visit together, I am now fully committing myself to reviving this near-death blog, for all to enjoy.

We made the long, much anticipated move almost 2 months ago. I do NOT recommended moving during the holidays, by the way, unless you are a super organized person who finishes all Christmas shopping in August. I am not one of those people, so it was a little busy, to say the least. (I was the lone shopper at Target on the 23rd...it was surprisingly quiet.) Thanks to all of our wonderful family and friends, moving day was a smooth transition, and we collapsed into our beds that night with a lot of gratitude for people's generosity!

To tell my favorite moment of the day, I'll need to give a little back story....

For at least 2 months before the move, Kristina asked every time we came to the house(which was like everyday) "Is it done yet?" and I would reply every time, "No, it's not done yet," until the moment we pulled into the driveway to spend our first night here, and she asked, "Is it done yet?" to which I replied with a very enthusiastic, "YES!"

Her look was priceless.

Then she walked up to her room and peed all over the new carpet.
Good feeling's gone.
We think she was marking her territory.

The next three days were vomit, followed by a week of the runs, which all managed to fall on the brand new carpet, of course. A big Thank you to KIDS 'N PETS-the best invention. (And thank you, Shannon, for introducing me to it:)

Needless to say, we were broken in by the time Christmas rolled around. Which was good, because we had 25 of our most favorite people on earth here for Christmas Eve dinner, and it was so nice to relax and visit with everyone and not worry about what might get on the new carpet, because it had already seen everything.

Enough chit-chit. Here are a couple of pictures of the new house some of you have been asking to see:



This is the entryway. I'm so happy with how it turned out!



This is the empty family room, for now, and my fast attempt at decorating for Christmas.





The kitchen is still a work in progress. We have to finish the backsplash and paint the legs to the island-which Shawn and Dan built the day before Christmas Eve so we could have a place to put the food! I just ordered chairs so in a week we'll be able to sit around it and enjoy. It is a pleasure to cook in this space, let me tell ya!



Another view of the kitchen and dining area




We finally have a mud room which has been the greatest thing! Since we just have dirt for a yard right now, it is so nice to have a place that catches all the mess!

A few weeks after Christmas we got over a foot of snow!



The kids missed the entire week of school and we didn't leave the house once. It was nice to have somewhat of a forced vacation. A much needed breather!

We are enjoying our new surroundings so much. I get to look at this when I do dishes:

We are so happy and feel very blessed! I'll post some more soon about some of our comings and goings, and a visit from our family that was so fun-we will never forget it!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Way to go Sarah. So nice to have you back! I love your house and can't wait to come and visit it in person!

Stephanie said...

It turned out so beautiful!!! Sorry about the pee and the poo...and the vomit. :(

Kimberly said...

Gorgeous house Sarah! It turned out really nice. I'm glad you guys are finally living in your new home.

Lucky Mommy said...

Glad you have time to blog, or that you want to have time to blog :) That pee and poo and vomit. It's just so ironic. Here's to a healthy, stain free rest of the winter now that you can relax a little and enjoy your hard work! It is so beautiful and you were so gracious to share it with us while you were still so busy!

Britt & John said...

The house it so pretty! i cannot wait until july when we come out there! =) Love you! <3

Mary said...

I have a few more ideas for you......

KevandChels said...

oh my gosh...i'm dying laughing at your description "good feelings gone". this was the best post ever! your house is gorgeous, you've worked so hard for it, congratulations to some of our favorite people on earth! and that picture up top of your girls is THE BEST EVER!

Kristy Rolph said...

I LOVE your house. It is beautiful. Good job picking out the colors. We can't wait to come see it in person in July either. We all miss you guys soooo much!! I hope you blog more... I should too:)