Wednesday, April 1, 2009

WHY PLAY WITH TOYS WHEN YOU HAVE A BOX OF STYROFOAM?

Last weekend we bought a file cabinet, and as we were putting it together the girls started playing with the box of styrofoam pieces. Before we knew it the living room looked like this:



And, yes, that is Rachel with no clothes on, because you can only appreciate a box of styrofoam to its fullest in your underwear, right? They stayed in that box for THREE HOURS. They named her "Boxie" and they lovingly kept her alive by feeding her pieces of foam as they sat in her gigantic mouth. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Who knew? The cleanup was h#@l, and I think I just vacuumed up the rest of it today, but it was worth it. The things that occupy my children continue to astonish me. It's too bad it isn't always something clean. Rachel was sad when we had to put it in the recycling, and reading this now is making her shed a silent tear. What a friend that dear Boxie was.

Here are a few pictures of our other messy girl-but a cute one at that!





ALL CLEAN!!!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

You think it is all gone, but just wait, you will be finding pieces for a year I am sure. Totally worth it though!

Kristy Rolph said...

It's always the messiest things that keep them occupied the most, it's a shame because that just means we mothers will be constantly cleaning!! My mom told me that as a mother you think(and hope) that as your children get older the messes get less and less and easier to clean but it's not true, they just go farther up the wall!!

Your girls are so so so cute, I can't wait to see this next little one because they all look so different. It will be interesting to see if she will look like another one or totally different too. Do you have any names picked out for her?

Jennie said...

I just love reading your posts because I can just hear you talking ... even after, what, 13 years?! You are one funny girl =)

Lucky Mommy said...

I love things that keep them busy. I too have decided that sometimes it's just worth the mess! That's a great picture of K in the bathtub! How did you capture that smile?

Mary said...

Soooo cute! I want to squish Kristina!

Julie said...

Love your girls!!! Boxie is totally hilarious - love it!

Jim Farmer said...

Oh Sarah - I only know too well what cleaning that up is like (see my blog around Decemberish) How can you stop the fun though?

Catherine said...

I love it! That is totally awesome! You're kids are so great and being creative in their play . . .

Melinda said...

I always laugh out loud (I guess that's LOL) when I read your blog.