Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Busy doing what?

I was shocked to see how long it has been since posting something and I vowed a while ago to be better for the sake of our family who is so far away, but I've been busy. Busy doing what, pray tell? Here is a sampling:




Kristina's room





Kristina's bookshelf after major sorting and cleaning of books.

I take 5 minutes to go to the bathroom and change the laundry from the washer to the dryer.

This is Kristina's room when I return:




And so the cycle continues. I usually give up and leave it for a few days, but I was getting tired of tripping over books and toys. This is what I've been busy doing.

But on to more exciting tidbits.





Kate is almost 3 months old!



Kate is by far the happiest baby we've had. Smiling babies are the best therapy.

Here's our other little cutie-all messy and ready for a big kiss!


Oh yes. I'm also busy cleaning up children. I used to pride myself as a new mother that Rachel's clothes were NEVER dirty. She could wear the same outfit three days in a row if I let her because she never spilled a drop of food on them. The reason? I fed her. I spoon fed her and wiped her mouth clean after every bite. And then she turned two, and then three, and then four and we were still spoon feeding her. Yeah-not gonna make that mistake again. We have a "dive- in-as-soon-as-you-can-sit-up-alone" policy now, and I've decided that there's nothing better than watching your child lather up in some good chocolate ice cream. (Within the confines of a high-chair, of course:)

7 comments:

Britt & John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britt & John said...

Give all my nieces kisses for me, please :) I miss you guys!

Kristy Rolph said...

Kate is soooooo cute!!! I hope we can see her next month!!! Love you guys

Beth and Eric Jones said...

Yea, love to see you back! I am always amazed at the time lapse of my blog posting as well. You would think, unlike you with 4 kids, I would have time to post. Well, I guess I do, it is just the last thing I think about doing:) Hope you are well. We need to see each other!!! We will be up at Camano Island all week of Thanksgiving. Let me know your schedule and maybe we can meet up! I would love to see you and show you my belly:) Love ya!

Julie said...

So darling!!! Kristina needs to come over for a play date with Mason - they can share a chocolate mess!! What fun!

Mary said...

Guh....you have returned, ha :) Oh my Kate is so stinkin cute! As is Kristina of course :) Love you!

Alli Hunter said...

Sarah! Your baby is so cute! They grow so fast, don't they. Jamie just had her first baby yesterday, a little boy. He is soooo cute. You'll have to link to my blog and see him, I'll post a pic in a few days. Hope your doing great!