Monday, December 14, 2009

An icy Adventure:)

Since Shawn has been dubbed the Fun Czar in the Rolph Family, we thought we'd share a fun outing our family had this weekend.
Cost? None.
Level of difficulty? Low.
Potential for serious injury that could result in death? High.
But we made some great memories.

It has been so cold here that we took the kids to play on the frozen Stillaguamish River. It's a fun childhood memory of Shawn's. The kids were in HEAVEN!



The ice was very thick so we felt pretty safe. The girls had a great time slipping and sliding around.



Dad and girls chillin' on the ice.
So we all thought we'd take a nap:



Brrrrrrrrr!!!!

Of course you can't be on the ice and NOT perform your own ice dance routine:
Here is Rachel doing a lovely spin:



Brooke's arabesque is exquisite:




She landed a perfect triple lutz:



Every good figure skating routine has to end laying on the ice:


And the final bow:



I convinced Shawn to join me in the pairs competition:




He hates me right now for that. We had a great time. Now I'm off to bed-I don't know why I've stayed up so late-Nighty night!!

5 comments:

Michelle Rossell said...

That looks like so much fun! I miss Washington! Well, mostly i miss you guys but its weird having this kind of winter. Its December and Bennett wears a t-shirt around. I miss you guys and wish we could skate around and I could show your girls some of my graceful figure skating moves

Lucky Mommy said...

That is hilarious! I wonder if your parents considered the fact that we would all need extra life insurance to try Shawn's ideas of fun when they dubbed him the fun czar! I love the pairs pose and the dramatic ice-dance is a show stopper! What talented nieces I have!

Mary said...

haha I love it!!! Wish we were there to enjoy the cold weather :( It's not too bad here, pretty chilly actually, but looks so fun there!!! Suga, I say the pictures were so cute luv.

Alli Hunter said...

That looks so fun! My boys would be in heaven!! We definitely need to do some match making with our kids! Hopefully your girls will still be free when my boys get home from their missions :) Merry Christmas!

Karissa Magelsen said...

I don't know how I've never heard Shawn be dubbed the fun czar. I like it, and I'd like to apply it to daddy-o Magelsen as well. Looks like the only things missing in this outing were appropriate ice skating costumes. Next time...