Thursday, December 3, 2009

A very Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. Who doesn't love a celebration that's all about food with no pressure to shop for gifts? I do. And what a better way to spend it then with all of my family. Yes, ALL of us. Not one of us was missing. A true miracle, I tell you, made entirely possible by our gracious hosts, Josh and Kristina. I don't know what was more exciting for our kids: seeing their grandparents or staying in a hotel with a pool and a "free" breakfast. It was a toss-up(sorry Grandma and Papaw). We had such a great time. I had to sit in the backseat for most of the ride home to hide my tears from Shawn. I wish each one of my siblings could be my neighbors. I love them all enormously. And the fact that they all married(and will marry)some of the greatest people on earth, makes it even more difficult to say goodbye. sniff sniff...until we meet again:)

Enjoy the photo gallery:



The beginning of our 13 hour journey-every one is smiling..but not for long.



When are we going to get there?




I'm bored.




Finally-we made it to the hotel with the pool and FREE breakfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




I forgot my suit(shucks!)so Dad was the fun one...I was really okay being the photographer.




Brooke would not let me leave until I took a picture of her next to the hot tub and this is how she posed. Be scared for us.




We took a day trip to San Francisco. It was a gorgeous day. This may be our Christmas card picture so act surprised when you get it.




We stopped at the beach to play, but with all the little kids running around, someone was bound to bite it. Poor Kristina was the first to take the plunge.



Way to go Aunt Kristina for cooking the best turkey I've ever had. And stuffing, and potatoes, and salads, and pies.....truly amazing!!

Kate like it, too!



Our attempt at getting all the grandkids to cooperate in a picture with their grandparents. What a group of cuties!



Thanks to Josh and Kristina for opening their home to all of us and providing a truly memorable Thanksgiving!!

6 comments:

Beth and Eric Jones said...

What fun!!!! I don't feel so guilty now, because I meant to call you as we passed through Marysville last week :) It looks like you guys had a great time and could your baby be any cuter sucking her two fingers!!! I will definitely call you soon and catch up. 5 more weeks to go---CAN'T wait not to be prego anymore! xoxo

Karissa Magelsen said...

Well, you were sorely missed here in western Washington. And yes, I'm scared for you (and Brooke). Based on her "massaging" history... :)

Kristy Rolph said...

Yay!! We had so much fun with you guys too!! I'm so glad that you guys were able to make it. Love your pictures!! It was so awesome that we were all able to get together!!

Mary said...

Aw guh...I love you! :) We really have the best family!

mom said...

The girls loved the hotel better than their grandparents? Really????
sniff sniff :)

Alli Hunter said...

Hi Sarah, so glad to see your post. Your family is darling, and my kids would love the hotel more than anything else for sure...they are normal :) Keep in touch! -Alli