Friday, December 11, 2009

I've been humoring myself by reading back on some of our earlier posts. I'm so glad I've written about certain things the kids have done or said because I've already forgotten. So here is another funny tidbit to remember. We were in Costco the other day, in the self-checkout, and this worker came to help move my stuff along. He was a little on the short side, which made Brooke ask rather loudly, "Mom, why is he so short?" I don't think he heard, and I gave Brooke a look and said, "I'm not sure, and please keep your voice down."
So, her intelligent, kindergarten self decided to rephrase the question:

BROOKE(in a loud voice)Mom, what's a midget?

MOM:Brooke, sshh!

BROOKE: Moooooom, what's a MIDget?

MOM: Brooke-quiet! We'll talk about it in the car.

BROOKE: MOM! What. is. a. MID. GET??

MOM: Brooke, you're in charge of holding my card and when it's time to swipe it I'll let you do it, okay?

BROOKE: Cool. Thanks Mom.

I'll be really sad when she is no longer distracted so easily.

Have your kids ever said anything embarrassing in public? Please share:)

5 comments:

Alli Hunter said...

Sarah , that is so funny! My boys saw a midget when we were at Disneyland this spring and they were very embarrassing about it! Plus my almost 3 year old sees any person that looks a little bit old and he says"hi grandpa" It's actually really funny, but still embarrassing! :) Kids are the best! You need to add my family blog to your blog list! Merry Christmas!

Kristy Rolph said...

Sarah so cute!!! I LOVE little Brookie Cookie, she's awesome!! I love your posts they're great. I was so excited to see you posted again so soon. Unfortunately I don't have any similar stories as my kids are still a little young but I'm sure Noah is on the cusp. Love you guys and miss you tons!!!

Pat said...

Sarah, out of the mouthes of babes. When Heather was about three she embarrassed us big time. We were sitting in a Mc Donald's having lunch when a very nice, innocent, minding his own business, black man came in the door. Our sweet little Heather ( in her sweet little voice ) YELLED, "look mommy that man's all dirty"!! That was about the time that Terry and I started to slide under the table! However, I now get a feeling of sheer pleasure when she tells me about one of her three little angels embarrassing her in public.

Mary said...

HAHAHAHA.....that is so funny! Aw, I miss her.

Kristy said...

Are you kidding me!!! One day, Ærowyn went up to a larger lady and asked her if she had eaten a lot of fat! That is probably the worst, but definitely not the first and I'm sure not the last. Just the other day my friend was telling me while they were in Applebees his little boy asked him to give him a backrub... then asked him to spank him and then rub it better! That brought a tear to my eye from laughter. Ya gotta love kids :)