Wednesday, July 9, 2008


I have to add a couple of funnies our girls said lately. It's makes me smile when I'm reminded how much our girls are still learning especially when it comes to the English language. The other day I asked Brooke if she wanted a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch, and she replied, "Yeah, 'cause we don't eat boy-cheese sandwiches."
Now, if you say "grilled-cheese" fast, out loud, mixed with a little ear-wax build up, it really sounds like you're saying "girl-cheese". It took me awhile to figure out what the heck she meant by that, but when I did, I died laughing. How long has she been thinking that's what it was? THEN, Rachel asked me why we only have "ancestors" and not "anbrothers". I was confused until I realized she thinks I say "an-SISTERS". My goodness. Either we're raising our girls to be extremely gender bias or I have a serious speech impediment. Some one break the news to me gently.

3 comments:

Lucky Mommy said...

Ha ha ha! They need to come visit their boy cousins. A house full of trucks (and books about trucks) should convince them that boys are cool in their own way, even if they don't have any sandwiches named after them!

Lucky Mommy said...

p.s. Brooke is spooky in that picture. Can we borrow her for Halloween?

Catherine said...

Sarah! I found your blog from you comment on Shelley's blog. I hope you don't mind. I'm gonna bookmark it. Looks like you're doing well. By the way, my girls say equally silly "girl-like" things. So no worries, there.

Check out my blog too: www.midwestcraners.blogspot.com