Monday, July 7, 2008

MagMadness MONDAY!!!

LOST/FOUND/JUST PLAIN CONFUSED......

I'm really lost as to what to write about this week, and since I don't want to disappoint all 2 of you who look forward to MagMadness Monday, I figured I could write about the phenomenon which is "LOST"(a.k.a. one of the greatest TV shows EVER).
So, if you've never watched this show, it is virtually impossible to bring you up to speed. I realized this one night when Mom asked me to fill her in on what was happening, and quite frankly, about 20 minutes into me explaining things to her, my head (and hers) was spinning in confusion. There are way too many twists and turns to keep it straight, but here is a very brief synopsis: A plane crashes on a remote island in the middle of the Pacific, and the survivors soon discover they have landed in a really bizarre place, equipped with secret hideouts, and weird people. What got me hooked on the show, was that each episode followed a different survivor back in time, to give you the story of their life and how they ended up on the plane. You soon discover that they all share one thing in common-they're all big-time screwed up. One's a murderer, one's a drug addict, one's on the run from the law(for murder), one had an affair, to name just a few. Oh, yeah, and they all hate their fathers. Hooked yet? It gets better. Then, you discover even further that they are all linked somehow to each other. And you don't know how or why, so you keep watching. And watching. And watching. It has become an addiction. Shawn, who has a lot more emotional stability than me, has no problem walking away from the whole thing. He'll watch it with me just to keep me company, but he finds the whole thing ridiculous. Obviously, NOT a true fan. I, for one, have become too emotionally invested in the characters and it would be next to impossible for me to walk away now. I need closure, and I just want them to find happiness. Only Josh and Kristina understand my predicament. So, if you have nothing productive to do this summer, check out the DVDs, starting with Season 1, and get all caught up for the next season which begins in January. I promise, you'll get gleefully lost with the rest of us.
Speaking of "lost", did you hear about the lost civilization "discovered" in South America? It was plastered all over the news as being this major discovery, and then it turned out to be a hoax concocted by some reporter, so as to prove his point about the destruction of the rain forest or something like that. Which one of these characters actually turned out to be the lost one, mmmmm?

P.S. To you LOST fans-what are some of your "LOST" theories: Were they all orchestrated by some mastermind to come together?....Are they dead?......give us your theory:)

4 comments:

Lucky Mommy said...

As your biggest blog fan and a LOST fan, I have to say, "Here, here!" WE love LOST! We watched seasons 1 & 2 on DVD while crazy with sleep deprivation when the twins were new. We are so hooked and talk about it all the time and can't wait for the next season. On ABC's website there is a LOST section with a little video called
"Everything you need to know about LOST in 8 minutes." Anyone can watch it and get an idea of what's going on, but then they would miss out on the bonding with all of the characters which is the whole appeal of the show. Josh and I love Desmond and Penny and watch their episodes over and over. As far as theories go, we think the island is stuck in the past but that doesn't explain everything. It's so fun to speculate. The writers always keep you guessing. We love putting the boys to bed and preparing to watch LOST. It is an event in our house. We celebrated the Season 4 premier by eating pineapple, mango, and pina colladas while watching it with our neighbors. Too much fun.

Josh had fun talking to Doctor Magelsen last night. We love you guys!

Mags said...

I agree that the whole appeal of the show is the characters, and Des and Penny are so great! I want to come to your house for Season 5 premier-we'll be there!

Lucky Mommy said...

"If you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain . . . " we'd love to have you!

Karissa Magelsen said...

So... I am actually not a follower of the LOST phenomenon; however, I'd like to inform you that while in the Holy Land, I watched a few clips of some New Testament stories in which Desmond plays Jesus. Muy interesante. Somehow he didn't do it for me in that particular role... but I bet he's great as an island-dwelling father-hater.