Monday, September 29, 2008

MagMadness MONDAY!!!




Just as I suspected....


After gushing about the sweetness and adorableness, which are my children, last week, I was fully prepared for Murphy's Law to take effect and, let me tell you, it has come with a vengeance. I don't know if it's possible for four year olds to suffer from PMS. But every sign is there-minus the cramps and bloating. I'm not ready for this, people, and I have three girls. Oy vay! A typical morning has gone like this:

BROOKE: Mom, I'm hunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy!

MOM: OK, what would you like for breakfast?

BROOKE: I just can't decide.

MOM: How about cereal?

BROOKE: I don't WANT cereal.

MOM: OK, how about a waffle?

BROOKE: I don't LIKE waffles.

MOM: But you had a waffle yesterday, and you seemed to like it just fine.

BROOKE: But I just don't like them.

MOM: Well, then, it looks like cereal is your only option. You can have Kix or Cheerios.

BROOKE: But I just don't know what to have.

MOM: How about Kix?

BROOKE: No I don't WANT Kix.

MOM: How about Cheerios?

BROOKE: No, I don't WANT Cheerios.

MOM: Well, you must not be that hungry, then, so come back when you're ready to eat.

BROOKE: But I AM hungry!

MOM: You have 1 minute to decide, then breakfast is over.

BROOKE: But I just don't know what to have!

MOM(to herself) For the love, child, get a grip on yourself and pick a cereal!!! Hey Rachel-can I fix you a waffle for breakfast?

RACHEL: Sure Mom!

BROOKE: Mom, I think I want a waffle, too.

I give up. It's a good thing they're cute.


THE MANY FACES OF BROOKE............






*******************************

This weekend we took the kids on a hike to Boulder Creek, a relatively easy trail that runs along a river with lots of pretty waterfalls. We had lots of fun, and, of course, Rachel turns off her hearing when we tell her to NOT get in the water. She went in waist deep, and we still had 2 miles to walk back. That girl..........



Rachel has been begging us for weeks to go to Denny's for breakfast. Why? Who knows....
So we indulged her before the hike, and she was in heaven! Before she got her food, she was coloring the kid menu picture and said, "This is the best day EVER!" Oh, so easy to please! After her delicious breakfast of waffles with whipped cream and bacon on the side, she asked, "So who's idea was this, anyway?" I said, "It was Dad's." She looked up at him and said, "Dad, you have a really good brain for thinking of this plan!" Way to go, Dad's brain!

Smiley sisters before the hike.....not so smiley after:)


I love these people.


We found a "secret" tunnel under a tree. Rachel wasn't sure about it at first. Brooke had to lead the way.

Not the best picture, but we all need a few of those, right? She's gonna hate me later.

Everyone did great, despite the long trek!


The scenery was beautiful-except for that big stick in the way.

Dad and girls at work constructing a dam. This is a favorite activity whenever we're exploring by a creek.

The girls posing on top of their completed bridge/dam thingy. They were so proud.

One of the pretty waterfalls we passed. It reminded us of those we saw in Hawaii. Just goes to show you don't have to pay big bucks to see beautiful things? When it's not raining, it's very enjoyable here.

So tired from a long day....but a fun one!




4 comments:

Mary said...

SO SO SO cute. I miss you guys! And I love the conv you and Brooke had about breakfast, she is so funny. Love you!

Lucky Mommy said...

What a fun Saturday! I'm sure that was only the first half of the day,too. You make fun memories. I love that Brooke finally had what Rachel had for breakfast. I think I would only offer one choice, wait, I've already broken that rule. Darn it!

Kristy Rolph said...

Sarah your girls are soooooooo cute!! That looks like a beautiful place you went hiking, is that near where you live? We sure miss you guys... I think we will be in Philadelphia when you are there so that will be so so so much fun! Can't wait!!

Bennett Rossell said...

Sarah, i really like your blog. I love the stories. I got a pretty freakin good laugh in with the Brooke story. Freals. Much love!