Thursday, October 30, 2008

The "Like" Game (a.k.a. Happy Birthday Grandma Rolph)

So-I will pause from the political rants(I know you're all so disappointed) and take this opportunity to play a Rolph Family favorite...the "Like" game. And since today is a special day for Mommy, we will play on her behalf. The "Like" game was played in our house on everyone's birthday. We would all say one nice thing about each other, and you couldn't use the words "pretty", "nice," or "smart". Mom also made us play when we weren't getting along. But it's a good thing we are, or Ben and Josh might have to pull out the ol' swordfighting bit....remember? Personal family joke. So, Mom, here is why we "like" (LOVE) you:

SHAWN:
I like Jeanette because she really gets into a good game.(i.e. the world series or any other sporting event) Also-we both agree on what's best for Sarah(that was put in by Sarah:)

SARAH:
I like Mom because she is one of the most compassionate and caring women I know. She puts her family first and has her priorities set. Not everyone can say their Mom is one of their best friends-but I can!(I know that was more than one thing...sorry:)

RACHEL:
I like Grandma Rolph because she bring us presents. I also loved our special walks to my new school and I love you!

BROOKE:
I like when Grandma Rolph comes to our house and tells me the "Gingerbread Man" story.

KRISTINA:
"Dat" "Dat" "Bubba" "Aaahh" "Dada"
Translation: I like Grandma Rolph because she gives me kisses and hugs and I love snuggling with her blanket every night:)



We LOVE YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

7 comments:

Lucky Mommy said...

I am going to steal your idea and do that too. We love Grandma Rolph at our house too.

Kamilli Vanilli said...

Can I play too? I also like Mrs. Rolph because she is very caring--and gives me a hug once a year whenever I see her!

And...she raised a most delightful, beautiful, intelligent daughter whom I adore as well.

That was a 2 fer 1 deal!! (just making up for your last b-day, Sarah...)

Julie said...

This is very cute, but oh crap I've been spelling Kristina's name wrong!!!! Why didn't you tell me - I hate it when people spell my kids names wrong!!! So sorry!

Mags said...

What a nice thing to say, Kamilli! I take back everything I ever said about my b-day neglect.

Julie-no need to apologize...just get her FHE tag right or else....he he:)

Mary said...

I like Mom because she is the best!!! Oh wait, am I allowed to play? (ha) Cute game for cute girls.

Mags said...

Already blogging and your baby is 3 days old! You're a Champion woman if I ever met one!!! Loved talking to you today, love. You sound real good, sugah.

Jennie said...

Hi Sarah Rolph! Remember me? I just googled my way to your blog and am happy to find you and your adorable family.