Monday, June 23, 2008

MagMadness MONDAY!!!


HONK-IF YOU LOVE TO SCRAPBOOK!


This was a bumper sticker I saw the other day, that gave me a little chuckle. Not because I don't appreciate a dedicated scrapbooker, but mostly because I was picturing others actually honking. And then I was picturing the driver responding to the honks. Would she (assuming that most scrapbookers are female) give an enthusiastic "thumbs-up" or would both cars pull into the nearest parking lot and exchange scrapbooking info? (i.e. where to find the best scrapbooking deals, or location of next scrapbooking party, etc.) I'm sure it would make her feel good to be validated by other scrapbookers. After all, we all understand the cost it takes to be a dedicated scrapbooker, and maybe this person has a hard time justifying the spending to her husband. Therefore, a few honks around town might actually convince him that it's a passion worth investing in. ("Honey, why is everyone honking at you?" "Oh, it's just someone who loves to scrapbook, dear.") I could really get into having some validation. Can you imagine the parade of horns that would follow me around town if my bumper sticker said, "Honk, if you have screaming kids in the back seat?" That would make me feel better. Or, "Honk, if your child's bladder is about to explode, and you can't make it home because of all the idiot drivers slowing you down?" That might facilitate some honking. It makes a person feel good to know others share in their joy/misery. So, my question to you is, if you could display your passion for the world to see, what would it be? And is it a passion in need of some validation? Tell us and we'll help!

6 comments:

Kamilli Vanilli said...

Here are my bumper stickers:

Honk if you love Air Supply!

Honk if you HATE scrapbooking!

Honk if you find a small amount of gladness in Ted Kennedy's brain tumor!!

Anonymous said...

Here's my bumper sticker:

Honk if you support hot flashes as a fuel alternative.

Mags said...

Honk, Honk, and Honk
Love it-Milli!

Mom-I'm picturing thousands of energy "sweat shops" (literally)across the nation filled with middle-aged women toiling to keep up with the ever-increasing demand for fuel. Great imagery.

Lucky Mommy said...

Honk if you need a nap? Honk if you are so excited you made it out of your house today? I dunno. I think your idea is pretty good!

Mags said...

I would honk very enthusiastically at those-K-you deserve an extra honk for making it out with the twins. You're the woman!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know but I saw a great license plate today, which is taking the bumper sticker message to the extreme because it is much more permanent and people see it on the front and back of your car. It said, "YAA BBY". I loved it. I wanted to pull up next to him, roll down my window and say, "YEAH BABY!"

As far as bumper stickers go, I like comedy over serious, and I hate political bumper stickers, except for the one I saw once that said, "Annoy a liberal: Work hard, be happy."

--Josh (you're bro)