Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rachel is sporting a new look




Yes-this is Rachel, in case you couldn't recognize her, who has now entered into the official world of "cool". Shawn and I have officially entered into a new relationship with the Tooth Fairy, who has either come into some money over the years, or is just really generous to the children of Marysville. (We've done some research). I've also got a big beef with our education system for teaching these little kindergartners the value of money so early(how dare they)so a dime just doesn't cut it any more...Anyhoo, she has been fixated on this thing coming out since she first discovered it was loose. After a couple of weeks of wiggling, Shawn(ahem, Dr. Magelsen) decided it was extraction time. Now, picture thousands of dollars being poured into your higher education, and an office full of sterile tools, and what would you do? Find the greasiest pair of needlenose pliers in the garage, of course! So Rachel assumed the position on the kitchen counter, and with one easy tug, out it came! We think she looks as cute as ever, and she was the coolest girl in her class the next day. My only regret is that I didn't savor her "baby" smile one last time before it was altered forever.













...the doctor at work


4 comments:

hyrum said...

Rachel! Congratulations on your tooth! I'm sure glad your dad didn't use an ice pick or a hammer to get your tooth out.

Mary said...

Sarah and Shawn! So cute! We miss you guys!

Lucky Mommy said...

What a trusting little girl! My dad used to joke about getting out the pliers. I can't believe she's getting so big. I hope the tooth fairy keeps those little jewels somewhere with other tiny treasures. Miss you guys. (jkr2006.blogspot.com)

Ami said...

Sarah Hi! It's Ami, I saw your blog on Mary's. How are you guys? I can't believe your kids are so big!