Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rachel turns SIX!!!





It's hard for us to believe we have a six year old, but, yes, it is true. Rachel celebrated her birthday with flare on Saturday. Thanks for all of your cards and phone calls to her! Once again, the favorite gifts were from both Grandmas, (it's like they've done this before or something:) They know what's up! Rachel was up bright and early and ready to celebrate, so being the good parents that we are, we sent her downstairs to watch Saturday morning cartoons, while we got a little more shut-eye. I don't think she minded. Followed by favorite cereal for breakfast(Lucky Charms), opening Grandma Rolph's present,(because she couldn't wait), and trip to the zoo! There was a nine month old gorilla there...so cute... and it resembled the size of our little, or not so little, Kristina. She's our little "chunk-o-burnin'-love." The zoo was fun and exhausting, and we made it home in time to finish the b-day cake, head off to her favorite restaurant(Tacos Guaymos) and open presents before we all collapsed in bed. Great day!

6 comments:

hyrum said...

Happy Birthday Rachel. We wish we could have been there to celebrate! We were thinking about you from China.

Mary said...

Happy Birthday, Rachel! I thought of you! I meant to call you! Love you cute girl!

Mary said...

Sar, love the "honk if you scrapbook" topic, that is hilarious!

Kristy Rolph said...

Happy 6th birthday Rachel. I cannot believe how fast time flys. When Ben and I got married she was 2. crazy. I love your pictures especially the caterpillar one that is too cute! You have such beautiful girls! I love the birthday cake, did you make it? love you guys and miss you, Love Kristy

Lucky Mommy said...

Happy Birthday, Baby Rachel! That cake is absolutely amazing. You get major mommy points for making it such a special day! I can't believe you have a 6 year old, though. That sounds serious.

Mags said...

Yes K-I made the cake, but I would not recommend it unless you have an endless amount of time and a big freezer. I was lacking in both, so it was a bit time consuming and we made Rachel stay upstairs and play on her b-day so we could finish it. Mean, huh? She wasn't too thrilled, but loved the end result and didn't notice any of the flaws. I love the unconditional love of kids:) Thanks for all your comments-Rachel loved reading them!!