Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Our little ballerina...:)




Last Saturday was Rachel's first ballet recital. It was a hit! For a couple of months, she's been nervous to dance in front of an audience for fear that she would mess up. Just a few months ago, she danced by herself in our ward Primary Talent Show and choreographed a masterpiece on the spot. It was very moving. So when I reminded her of this, that she danced in front of the entire Primary by herself, she replied, "But those were my OWN moves." Apparently someone else's moves are harder to remember. Well, after a successful dress rehearsal with only minor issues, such as which side of the stage to exit from, Rachel danced to perfection to the song "So Long, Farewell" from The Sound of Music. She did great, as did all the other tots in the class. It was a long day-they had two recitals to perform, each lasting 2 and 1/2 hours long-but Rachel hung in there and looked so pretty. Grandma Colleen came to the morning performance, which was a big highlight, then Shawn and the girls came to see it that night. We were all tired from a long day, but her mom was living the dream, that's for sure. The best part was coming home to flowers and a grand photo shoot in the backyard...enjoy!!!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the blog!!! This pix of Rachel are so adorable...I love the croc wearing ballerina. And looking forward to Mag Monday or whatever it is. Hope you found today's morning outing a little more useful.......

Mags said...

Thank you, and, yes, the run was just as uplifting as being in your company:)

Mary said...

Sar, Rachel looks so pretty! I wish I could have been there!

Kamilli Vanilli said...

Rachel looks beautiful. so cute.

Kev and Chels said...

hey Magbloggers! I Just found the link to your blog from Kristina's! So exciting. Do you mind if I put it on our blog? Just let me know and I'll take it off. Anyway, good to see your cute self and girls

Kristy Rolph said...

Sarah Rachel is so adorable. I am not surprised she did so well. I cannot believe how big she is now!!! Love you guys and miss you so much.

Karissa Magelsen said...

wowza. Kristina looks nothing like the last time I saw her. I can't wait to see you guys! I'm expecting a dance recital to show the moves learned in the past 7 months - maybe I'll bring some of my own...